About Our Office
Meet Our Doctors
Dr. Todd Bovenizer
- Graduated from Virginia Tech with his Bachelor’s in Biology and from West Virginia with his Master’s in Orthodontics and Doctor of Dental Surgery
- President of the North Carolina Association of Orthodontists
- Past President of the Summit 360 Study Club
- Member of the American Association of Orthodontists
- Member of the Southern Association of Orthodontists
- Part of the top 25% of the profession to become certified by the American Board of Orthodontics, and has even re-certified.
- One of two orthodontists in North Carolina to be a part of Damon’s Mentor Program. This allows orthodontists from the Southeast to visit the office and shadow Dr. Bo to learn about state-of-the-art technology and techniques regarding the Damon system.
- Lectures nationally on the Damon system and was recognized with a team of others around the world for a Rising Star Program with Ormco. On the Ormco Insider’s Group Product Development Team where he meets with top clinicians from around the world to discuss product research and development.
Dr. Christopher Baker
- Board Certified Orthodontist from the American Board of Orthodontics
- Has specialized training in Invisalign and the Damon System
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- Middle Director of the North Carolina Association of Orthodontists
- Carolina Damon Study Club
- North Carolina political outreach leader for the American Association of Orthodontics Political Outreach Committee
- Graduated from Indiana University with his Bachelor’s in Biology, Master’s in Biology, and Doctor of Dental Surgery
- Graduated from the Orthodontic Residency Program of St. Louis University with his orthodontic specialty certificate and Master’s of Science in Dentistry
Meet the Bovenizer & Baker Orthodontics Team
Bella is new to the dental field and our office. She graduated from Triangle School of Dental Assisting in August and is very excited to take on the adventure of the orthodontic field. Bella is from Tucson, Arizona and has lived in North Carolina for only two years and she loves everything about it. Bella is newly engaged and the proposal happened in Disney World. She has a Siberian Husky named Ada and loves taking her for walks around Lake Johnson.
Katie started at Bovenizer and Baker Orthodontics in 2017. She grew up in Garner and now lives in Raleigh. She has an adorable, sassy little girl and a sweet puppy. She has been playing soccer since she was seven years old and still currently plays. She played on the Olympic soccer pool for two years and was offered scholarships to play at numerous colleges. She enjoys spending time with her daughter and anything outdoors.
Harrison was born and raised in Atlanta, GA and played soccer competitively for 18 years. His favorite place in the world is Singapore. Harrison could move to the beach tomorrow and live there happily for the rest of his life. He is also a big foodie and unofficial food critic.
Originally from Greensboro, NC, Austyn graduated from UNC Chapel Hill in 2013 and has lived in Raleigh with her husband, Phil ever since. She has worked in the marketing field since 2013 and is passionate about branding and graphic design. She loves her rescue cat and dog and enjoys volunteering with rescue groups. Austyn loves to break it down on the dance floor and danced for 15 years growing up. She enjoys long romantic walks down the aisles of Target and Whole Foods and beautiful stationery, memes, bitmojis, coffee mugs and modern design are all things that make her smile.
Hannah was born and raised in Raleigh, NC. She graduated from North Carolina State University in 2013. Hannah and her husband, Alex, enjoy spending their free time with their nieces and nephew and outdoors with their dog, Lyla. She loves Mexican food and could eat it everyday.
Amy is originally from Culpepper, Virginia and joined the practice with three years of prior orthodontic experience. She loves getting to know and working with all the patients in the office. Playing the piano and volleyball are some of her favorite pastimes. She also attends Colonial Baptist Church and is active in Middle School Ministry.
Tracey became part of our team in 2014 and you will see her smiling face at the front desk! She has lived in seven different states and she and her husband have three kids. She enjoys swimming, power walking and hanging out with family.
Patient Care Coordinator
Callie joined our practice in 2015. She graduated from UNC Chapel Hill with a double major in Religious Studies and Sociology. Cooking and eating good food is a passion, as well as spending time with her husband and family, especially all her nieces and nephews.
Leath moved here from Florida with her husband of 16 years and two children. She has worked in the orthodontics field for 12 years prior to coming to work for Bovenizer & Baker Orthodontics. She was born in Florida but raised in Summerville, South Carolina. She enjoys spending time with family and friends and doing anything outdoors. Leath is looking forward to helping you and your family with your treatment planning at Bovenizer & Baker Orthodontics.
Sarah is a Florida native, but she now calls North Carolina home! She graduated from the Wake Tech Dental Assisting program in 2009 and has been working in orthodontics ever since. She enjoys spending time with her husband and their three adorable dogs and taking Pure Barre classes. She loves to be anywhere near the water, whether it’s the lake or beach, spending time with family and friends, and rollerblading in her free time. Sarah feels so blessed to be a part of such a wonderful team here at Bovenizer & Baker Orthodontics.
Megan relocated to the Raleigh/Cary area in 2011 with her husband to be closer to family. She joined Bovenizer & Baker Orthodontics in July 2013 upon graduation from the dental assisting program at Wake Tech Community College. In her free time, Megan enjoys being outdoors, hiking, trail running, snowboarding, and water skiing. She can often be found at Lake Gaston with her husband and their adopted Boston-Terrier, Bateman.
Mendy started at Bovenizer and Baker Orthodontics in 2013 and is a North Carolina native. She brings 13 years of orthodontic experience to the practice. Mendy and her husband have two precious girls, Eliza and Gracie. They are huge NC State fans to the point of calling themselves the Wolfepack.
Ron joined the team in 2011 and has 27 years of experience in the dental field. Ron is from the Philippines and now lives in Durham with his wife Myra and their three kids. He enjoys the outdoors, sports, mountain biking with friends, and spending time with family.
Heidi joined the Bovenizer and Baker team in 2011 and feels very fortunate to have landed in such a positive work environment! She has a total of twelve years of experience as an orthodontic clinician and there is no other job she would rather do. Heidi has been married for 18 years and has two grown daughters. She has called Raleigh home for twenty years. Heidi enjoys boating, spending time with family and friends and hiking with her two big dogs. She also enjoys cooking when she has time and is in the mood!
Debbie has worked in our practice since 2010 and loves working with the patients at Bovenizer & Baker Orthodontics. She and her husband have four children and four dogs, which keeps her very busy. She moved here from Ottawa, Canada, 12 years ago. She enjoys seeing and catching up with all of the patients.
Patient Concierge Coordinator
Susie has called North Carolina her home for the past twenty seven years along with her husband, Steve and their three grown children. She joined Bovenizer and Baker Orthodontics in 2010 and helps to take care of the many needs of our patients and their families. People are her passion so she considers it a privilege to serve in this capacity here at our office. In Susie’s spare time she enjoys traveling, gardening and trying new recipes while having family and friends over to their home.
Melissa is an Alabama native – “Roll Tide!” Her experience is in early childhood education. Cary has been her home for the past 18 years and she has two children. Her hobbies include spending time with her family and friends, and spending time at the beach. Melissa looks forward to meeting new patients and their families and assisting them with orthodontic treatment at Bovenizer & Baker Orthodontics.
Tour Our Cary, NC Office